- Verify that window and door screens are fully intact
- Stack and pile wood away from your immediate
- Avoid the accumulation of junk and debris around your home such as old tires where stagnant water can accumulate on the inside serving as a breeding ground for mosquitoes and flies.
- Verify that external electrical outlets and water faucets are properly sealed
- Regularly clean the debris under your porch and steps
- Clean the eaves-troughing and gutters
- Maintain your garden beds, prune any dead branches and remove debris
- Build a one foot rock or pebble barrier around the perimeter of your home to create a dry zone where insects won’t breed.
- Travel with a hard case suitcase to avoid bed bugs from adhering to the cloth and seams on the outside of your luggage.
- Regularly clean your BBQ